At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. We are united by a single belief. Every student has the potential to be unstoppable. We accelerate your learning and your life.
Why Join Us?
We believe in the power and joy of learning . Our culture values engagement, empowerment and discovery. Most importantly, we believe in bringing out the best of our people as people are integral to our success.
We are looking for an experienced or aspiring professional to join our Asia team.
As a member of the Higher Education sales team, the Learning Consultant will plan, coordinate, and implement selling strategies in Higher Education and school institutions in Hong Kong and Macau. The primary tasks of this position are to meet the assigned revenue and growth goals in the Hong Kong marketplace and develop and manage opportunities/pipelines. . As a Learning Consultant, you will form relationships with decision makers, represent and promote Cengage Learning products to customers, and provide post-sales support as needed to drive sell-through, digital activations, and usage.
- Cover faculty, department chairs, deans, school admin to find or profile textbook adoption requirements which includes print, eBooks and digital solutions
- Match print or digital solution requirements, sample and close adoption
- Coordinate the adoptions with the local bookseller for order taking
- Creating marketing activities to increase sell through
- Synchronize sampling and/or promotion, coordinate adoptions with other CL Hong Kong Learning Consultants to increase volume orders of local bookseller
- Update faculty on upcoming new editions and coordinate with local bookseller for inventory management
- Cover Libraries and establish a way to supply library requirements for print and electronic
- Develop and manage key accounts and prospects as required
- Sales lead follow up.
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing, preferably in Higher Education or Library market
- Good disposition, resourceful, goal-driven and possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent with a positive learning attitude and a sense of integrity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Effective communication and good English communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, organized, work independently and possess strong selling skills